Monday, February 20, 2012

The Beginning of My Journey Home!


I’m sitting in the Incheon airport, South Korea.  This is the beginning of my journey home.  I still have a long way till I’ll be in my own country, among my own kin.  I think as soon as I get on the plane that will take me to Seattle, that's when I'll get the nervous excitement.  But right now, I'm waiting for my transit bus that will take me on a tour of Seoul!  I'm super excited!  Four countries in one trip is pretty good (India, Nepal, Thailand and South Korea).  I'm getting my fill of Asian countries.

  My bus leaves in 35 minutes.  I have an 11+ hour layover so this is an excellent option for the adventuresome type like me.  I love immersing myself in a new culture and this is no exception.  I should see a temple, a palace, a marketplace, a plaza and a stream of some sort.  What a great experience!  I can't wait!  I've charged my camera battery with plans to take pictures of my adventure!

  It was sad to leave the Rawlings, but probably not as sad as it could have been being that I'm heading home.  But still, Elyssa teared up as I was leaving and I could feel tears sting my own eyes.  It's always hard leaving dear friend who have become like family.  And we don't know when we'll see each other next.  They have plans to come to the States this summer, but you don't know what can happen.  I just pray God will bless them and their ministry immensely.

  You know what's so funny?  After all this traveling around I've done, I have become way more comfortable in an airport than I've ever been.  I don't get the jitter bugs as much, I'm not constantly worried, I know what to do at each security, and I find my way around every airport with ease (except for Mumbai, India.  That was horrible).  And here, I'm planning to take this tour of Seoul... all by myself (well, without a traveling partner, that is)!  I wouldn't have even thought of that a few years ago.  I've come a long way.  

I'd better go prepare for my tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment